Absolutely gorgeous and rare single 17.5" strand (length including the clasp,
without clasp 17.0") 100% authentic, all natural color Tahitian silver/gray pearl necklace with 14K solid white gold clasp
- Pearl: a total of 39 100% authentic AB grade (Please refer to the below A-D pearl grading system for details.) Tahitian black pearls
- Pearl measurement: 10.0-11.0 mm in diameter
- Luster: High
- Color: all natural silver / gray (not dyed or treated)
- Shape: round to slightly off round.
- Surface: smooth with a few natural blemishes. It is extremely difficult to find pearls at these sizes without any blemishes
- Nacre: greater than 0.8mm required by Tahiti law
- Uniformity: excellent
- Clasp: 14K solid white gold 10mm smooth ball clasp
These beautiful pearls are produced by Black Lip Oysters from the Islands of French Polynesia (Tahiti).They are hand picked for a perfect match and individually knotted to prevent them from rubbing each other.
The A-D Pearl Grading System (The Tahitian Pearl System)
- A: Highest-quality pearl, very high luster and only minor imperfections over less than 10% of its surface.
- B: High or medium luster. Surface may have some visible imperfections over no more than 30% of its surface area.
- C: Medium luster with surface defects over not more than 60% of the surface area.
- D: May have many slight defects over 60% of surface or deep defects over no more than 60% of surface.
Note: Some sellers use AAA, AA, A grading system which is used more commonly on fresh water and Akoya pearls. It is not a typical grading system for Tahitian and Southsea pearls.